Saturday, 27 September 2014

Catch 'Em By Surprise

Will's dead!!  I did not see that one coming.  So of course I had to watch another episode*, which meant it was after midnight before I got to bed *sigh*. Not had one of those evenings in a while...

And what did I find when I got through to my bedroom?  That's right, our night-time limpet already asleep on my bed.  In fairness I was late rather than him being early: normally around 11.30pm or 12 he wanders in to our bedroom and settles down on the carpet next to my side of the bed, not waking till an alarm clock goes off in the morning, at which point he climbs in to the warm spot left by whoever got up.  I now ignore him - he sleeps all night and doesn't disturb us, and he sleeps no worse than if he stayed in his own bed, whereas putting him back to bed just leads to a battle and various other little people crying.  So last night, seeing as it was free, I just rolled him over on to the Don's side and settled in myself to get some shut eye.  And by morning Lightning was back on my side of the bed, sharing my pillow, with his little knee firmly embedded in my back. Honestly, when he does sleep all night in his toddler bed he never falls out, so how come when he has half a King bed to sleep in he can't still stay in that toddler sized space?

Anyway, my first Obsession just started its eleventh season last night which makes me very happy.  And thanks to the wonderful discovery of international IP addresses and xbmc, I can carry my obsessions on after Christmas on the other side of the world :)

* The Good Wife has been my summer obsession since returning from Scotland in July. I watched the first episode when it was aired in Scotland many year ago, but didn't manage to watch any more for some reason.  Anyway, I love American legal dramas about as much as medical ones (Ally McBeal, ER...), so when we were finally back in Midland and I was Don-less, I decided to find something to watch to while away my time ironing and the like.  Now two months and five and a half seasons in I'm most definitely hooked, and the sixth season starting last Sunday on regular TV has just spurned me on.

No comments: