Monday, 13 June 2016

Lady Lay Down

I tell you, one advantage of our house set up is that I can lie on the sofa without a voice and feeling decidedly fluey, and still watch the boys while away an hour in the pool.


Lightning should technically be in school, but since neither the Don nor I were in any fit state to take the kids in this morning (the Don has still not emerged from the bedroom; I sucked it up and had to get on with it.  Kinda.  No, I am more well, less unwell, not as ill as him).  So I had to call on a friend and she, needless to say, only had two spare seats in her car.  As a result, Lightning is playing hooky - and why not at age 5?!  So far this morning he has spent half the time as a dream son, understanding that I am unwell and can't say a word and so has been kind, caring and helpful towards Joey.  The other half he has deliberately wound him up, as only a sibling knows how.  However, the advantage of not feeling well, dozing on the sofa, and having actually no voice, means I could ignore it all.  Until Joey's prodding roused me enough to throw them outside and in the pool.

No comments: