I am so not a morning person. When the alarm goes off at 05:10 (or 05:00 if the Don's on duty on a Thursday morning: he likes a snooze) I just want to smash the thing against a wall. I do get up though, and without a snooze, because I know that our swimmer likes her time in the morning, but oh getting up when a clock says 5 anything is plain and simply wrong.
Toots on the other hand wakes with the slightest touch to the head or shoulder. Within minutes she is changed and downstairs ready for her breakfast and a whole lot of chat. By 06:00 she is in the water swimming and if it was me that took her, I am back in bed trying desperately to get back to sleep.
I mean I never do, at least not satisfactorily, so it would be far better just to stay up and embrace the day, especially now that it's light outside by half past four. It's certainly easier at this time of the year than in the depths of winter when you need to switch the engine on at 05:35 to make sure the car is warm enough to sit in and drive and it's never actually light until nine. But regardless, for me it doesn't matter how light and bright it is, IT IS STILL 6AM!! and that is no time to be doing anything.
Toots however managed to swim 5k this morning before 8am. She then came home, cycled up to school, has PE, will manage the 'daily mile', then go to netball practice and cycle home, probably all with a smile on her face. By 9:38 I on the other hand, after cycling with the kids up and back from school, am ready to head back to bed, or at least have a bit of R&R on the sofa.
Ah the vigour of youth...
No comments:
Post a Comment