Wednesday, 5 August 2020

Rabbit Heart

Our poor wee baby went in to get speyed today.  I am not an empathetic person, or a particular lover of pets, but there's something about seeing this animal that you're in charge of in pain, or stressed, or unwell, that is quite heartbreaking.


Since bringing her home and setting up a make-shift run/home for her in our laundry room (she's on bed rest for the next two weeks) she has literally not moved from her crate/bed more than rearranging her 'toy' rabbit so she can cuddle and rest her chin on it.  That is so sweet... but seeing a normally bouncy animal lying there barely moving and looking unwell is not nice. And I know it's probably just the anaesthesia and that we'd be the same if we'd just had an operation, but still... it's kinda heartbreaking.  Knowing I'm gonna stress her by having to pick her up and hold her three times a day for the next ten days to give her medicine does not make life look any more rosy!

No comments: