First up, as always, was the 5k, and our Lightning was running (queue lots of videos which don't show up on the email but do show up in the blog itself!):
He came home in a cracking 22:16, which was a PB, not just for the hilly Run Garioch course but even for his normal 5k flat Parkrun. He was knackered!
Then it was time for the 1/2 marathoners to set off...
And while they ran to Poliner Dam, Burnhervie, Chapel of Garioch, up the infamous Dubston hill, then round John Sorrie, the rest of us popped home, made some pancakes for mid-morning snack and relaxed! Until it was time to head back to the finish line to cheer them home...
The Don came home sub 2-hours and AunTia and TioFreddow a short while later at 2.05:18 - CRACKING results for all of them! Hardly look like they've broken a sweat ;)
But the day wasn't over...oh not, we still had the kids races to go. Though this year it really was only the last kids race for the last time (as at 13 they can take part in the 5k) - the 10-12 boys 2k:
| Joey: 08:05 SmallFry: 08:53 |
And after all that exercise, it was most definitely time for some grilled chicken gyros and ice cream,
But I tell you, by the end of the weekend I was knackered. I know, I know, I didn't run a half marathon, but judging all day Saturday at the pool, and planning, shopping, preparing, timetabling, cooking, hosting, tidying, and parenting, I would argue, was just as tiring LOL!

No comments:
Post a Comment