I'm not sure if our muddy Old Kemnay Road walk this morning was the cause or just the icing on the cake of many days of rainy walks, but our Major is STINKING. To the point that it's not just horrible, but it's embarassing to take him anywhere he might be confined and create a stink, or people will stroke him and come away stinking themselves. This is the NOT nice part of having a dog.
Problem is, I don't actually know anything about dogs, and on the two occasions that I've brought up washing a Guide Dog to Guide Dog people, I have kind of been dismissed. I mean I get it's like babies and they don't actually need washed every day, or that regularly, and I understand I can do a fair bit of wiping him down when we come back from walks and letting him dry off and brushing him thoroughly, and I understand that dogs have their dog and wet doggy smell, but this time he really. is. smelly.
So, when the Don gets back from Inverness with the boys after their ND Age-Group meet, I think into the shower he will go. Shower I say, not bath, because our bath doesn't have a hose connected to the tap and I think it'd be REALLY hard to wash him with just a cup and water, so into our en-suite we'll take him and see if he can come out smelling of roses. Or anything better than he currently does...
Should be fun, ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment