I know how horrible and frustrating these food issues can be. It took me a long time to "detach" and not take Ilann's refusal to eat personally... but I cracked it the day I discovered he eats just fine at nursery. That's when I realised it must somehow be a psychological thing rather than simply a food thing. A way of asserting himself or something? Anyway, now I just offer him whatever we're eating, and if he doesn't want it, no fuss, he just leaves the table. I can't say things are any better, but at least I'm not upset & mealtimes are no longer a battle: I guess he'll eat in his own time. Good luck though: it's a really hard thing to go through... Shirl
1 comment:
I know how horrible and frustrating these food issues can be. It took me a long time to "detach" and not take Ilann's refusal to eat personally... but I cracked it the day I discovered he eats just fine at nursery.
That's when I realised it must somehow be a psychological thing rather than simply a food thing. A way of asserting himself or something?
Anyway, now I just offer him whatever we're eating, and if he doesn't want it, no fuss, he just leaves the table.
I can't say things are any better, but at least I'm not upset & mealtimes are no longer a battle: I guess he'll eat in his own time.
Good luck though: it's a really hard thing to go through...
Shirl
Post a Comment