Saturday, 18 December 2010

It's A Small World

(Perhaps not a post for men)

Anyone got any advice on how to successfully shave your legs in a shower cubicle when pregnant?

Not that I'm big at all yet, but for the first two pregnancies I had the joy of a shower over the bath which meant I could stretch my legs with ease and position my body and bump accordingly.  Already I'm struggling in our en-suite shower trying to get a leg up, balance and lean over to shave without my bump either wiping half the cream off or just generally getting in the way, or my leg sliding down.  SPD, which makes standing on one leg painful doesn't help either.  And Lightening is only 5 inches at the moment...!

First Family Portrait
Mummy, Daddy, Toots, Tiger and the baby inside mummy's tummy

2 comments:

Maston said...

I bought an electric razor when pregnant with Andrew thinking that would be easier. However, it was a piece of junk and didn't shave at all! I would suggest sticking your leg out of the shower and resting it on the toilet, but don't think that will work in yours! So leg waxing???

Unknown said...

Sadly, despite my age and thereby accumulated wealth of practical general knowledge and, dare I say it, even physiological and physiotherapeutic procedures, I am completely flummoxed by this one! For starters, for me to start shaving my legs when I can barely get round to trimming my beard now after 40 years would render this act/procedure as a completely out-of-body experience. Secondly my propensity for collapsing in showers when attempting to do anything at all on one leg is legendary. Finally, as you've already remarked, it's not really a post for me, even if I am your dad!