Tuesday, 19 April 2011

Roll With The Punches

First lot of Easter baking: some Easter cookies yum yum.

Except I've just discovered that we don't have any icing sugar so there'll be no decorating them boo hoo.  Still, they are sugar cookies so probably sweet enough as they are (even though they are a touch on the dark side now that I've taken them out of the oven - they look more like chocolate cookies than sugar ones).  I've also discovered that as good as Betty Crocker instant cookie mix is for round dropped cookies, following the alternative instructions to make them into roll-out cookies ain't such a good idea.  They are both sticky and crumbly at the same time which doesn't make them very toddler or Easter cookie cutter friendly.  Though they still taste mighty fine!

In case you can't work it out, we still managed to make eggs, chicks, bunnies, butterflies, chicks emerging from eggs and birds.  The sheep, flower and Easter egg with bow were out of our sticky/crumbly dough skill level.

2 comments:

Fiona said...

Very cute! I think we'll maybe make some tomorrow.
You need to use the Nigella recipe - it never fails! I'll send you a copy with the recipe in cups ;)

super sonia said...

I know, I was just plain lazy using an instant mix - never again! Well...