Monday, 11 July 2011

Jump Around

Boy do I need to eat my words, or my thoughts more accurately.

Today we went to Jumping Party, the same place we went with Aunty Fona a good few weeks ago...  (I'm not gonna post more pics because they're pretty much the same every time - Tiger is even wearing the same outfit and Toots half the same outfit!  But if you can't live without some images then check out Aunty Fona's blog).  Anyway, both then, and when we went a few weeks later with the Don after Lightning made an appearance, my main thoughts were "What wusses Aunty Fona/the Don are.  I mean they're hardly on the bouncing castles, they come back moaning about it being hard and thirsty work, and they'd much rather stand around and watch the girls have fun than join in themselves.  See when I'm not pregnant/not just had a baby, I'm gonna show those girls how to jump."

I'm sorry Aunty Fona.  I'm sorry my Don.
It's blinking hard work.

No joke, I'd jumped on one bouncy castle for about two minutes and I could feel the baby weight falling off.  After four minutes I wondered why I wore a long sleeved shirt in what I previously thought was an overly air conditioned room but now felt more like a sauna, and after six was ready to admit I was knackered.  Two hours later Toots and Tiger were finally ready to leave, and only then reluctantly.

So aye, it's hard work.  I think mostly because the bouncy castles aren't actually made for adults, funnily enough, so although they're full of air everything is just that little bit too soft for an adult, which means you don't get enough support to crawl through things, up things or over things.  Add to that the holes that are that little bit too small to crawl through comfortably, steps that don't really accommodate adult sized feet, and netting that is intended (I can only assume) to stop kids falling backwards from the top of slides but actually often garottes you if you're not careful, and it becomes surprisingly knackering 'fun'.

Though if we did decide to go regularly it'd be a darned good way to shed those baby pounds (and the Texas Twenty, eh Don?)!

No comments: