What happens when you say goodbye to your husband and children as they go off swimming, take your baby outside so he can lie naked for a while in the evening warmth as you lie in the sun next to him and catch up on Hollywood gossip from trashy Us magazine, then go inside an hour later, get the boy dressed for bed, give him a feed, put him to bed, then decide on whether to clear up the picnic rugs and stuff outside, put a nappy wash on, tidy up the house and iron the clothes, or, sit down and watch an episode of Brother and Sisters, decide on B&S, pick up the crying baby and cuddle him back to sleep cos there's nothing nicer than sitting and cuddling your child, put him back down a second time after the episode is finished and then decide to go outside and tidy up everything you left out there??
That's right, the sprinklers come on while you're watching B&S. Never even got round to reading the book that I took outside...
In my defence, not that I need to defend my actions (for many folks Rob Lowe trumps everything), I even paused to consider whether I should clear up outside as soon as I came in, but decided against it as our sprinklers are programmed to come on Tuesday's and Saturdays Or not.
1 comment:
Did I ever tell you of the time I slept amongst the bushes outside a remote Canary island airport whilst awaiting an early morning flight, and of course about 2am the lawn erupted as the high powered commercial sprinklers came on!! Talk about a rude awakening!
Post a Comment