The area is part of both the Chihuahuan Desert and the Davis Moutains, so basically looks like a desert with big bits of rock sticking up. Apparently it's very pretty, and hosts one of the most scenic drives in the US, but I think I've maybe been forever spoiled by Scotland.
Looking from Skyline Drive down to our camping area
Anyway, even after living in West Texas for almost a year and a half, I'm not sure why the Don and I still expected a grassy campsite, but expect it we did. Instead we got rock, stones, and dirt, and more rocks that seemed to appear under the tent overnight.
The night before...
The morning after...and still smiling.
But it was a lovely camp site which I'd highly recommend. As for the rain and wind that came lashing down on the Saturday night? Well, that just helped us feel right at home.
1 comment:
Hope the little one enjoyed his first proper camping trip :)
Post a Comment