Sunday, 5 August 2012

The Name Game

So I'm thinking the newest little lemon sized being in my belly is gonna be blog-named Joey - after three babies I certainly have a pouch big enough! I was trying to remember how the name Lightning came about, and I think Toots just kinda said one day that if it's a boy it was gonna be called Lightning after her favourite movie character at the time (think it's somewhere in the middle of this post if you're interested).  With this one though, blog naming has been more questionable, as I'm sure final naming will be too!  We asked the girls what sex they thought it would be, and as before Toots said she thought it'd be a boy, and Tiger thought it'd be a girl.  So then we asked them what name we should call the new baby, and they're just too old now for make believe names, so we got what we expected: Susie and Ella if it's a girl (why they choose these two names every time they need to pick a girls name for anything I've no idea); and if it's a boy they said how about we call it Toby too.  Or Toby II, I suppose! Which made me think, since we often call Lightning Toby-one Kenobi, I guess number two could easily be T2B2 (I'm assuming you're getting the play on Star Wars here?), though I suppose in real life it might be quite confusing having two boys the same name (should it be a boy).  So, back to the drawing board then...

The other night Toots randomly decided it should be called Jo, which I guess is a suitable unisex name.  But I was quite inspired by Michael Phelps's anchor performance at this years Olympics 4x100m medley, and as this is most definitely gonna be our anchor baby I am thinking of calling the current being, Anchor.  Or maybe I should just join the two and call it Joanchor?  Or not.

Anyway, no need to decide now I suppose, I've nothing to write about it!


The day we told Toots, though, she made me this comfy chair in case I needed to go on a long journey (not sure if this is pre or post baby).  Do you spot the back support cushion and the red seat belt?  She also made sure I had water, a watch and a telephone handy, and the injection thing is for self administration in case I feel sick.  The pram is for me to lie the baby down in, and she's even got a teddy hidden under the blue blanket as a surprise for the baby when it comes.  The pink blanket is in case I get cold, the book to give me something to read, and the world so I know where I'm going.  She's adorable.

1 comment:

Fiona said...

Yay! I was waiting for when the newest little one would get a mention on the blog and hearing what their blog name would be! And oh how sweet of Toots! She'll love being a big, big, big sister.