Friday, 20 September 2013

My Kinda Party

All our baking has been made infinitely easier by this handsome new fella we've gotten our hands on:


Except of course I still managed to produce this at my first attempt:


Honestly, what's wrong with me and baking in America (though I'm sure I've answered this before...)?!  Imagine these on a grander scale and you'll know exactly what my 'birthday cake' looked like.  This is like the fourth* time I've used my large cupcake mould, and not once have I managed to keep it from collapsing in the middle.  In fact, the only time I've produced a perfect half was this afternoon on my second attempt, when I only cooked one half.  I just don't get it...

But it's finally done, and the decorating can wait till tomorrow.

* Three times as a large cupcake and once as the ballgown for a Princess - ingenious I say (though I'm sure I did a princess for Tiger too at some point.  Hmmmm).

No comments: