What did I say about being amazing? How is this for an hour's work with a needle, a bit of thread, scraps from an old sheet and pillow case and lots and lots and lots of wondaweb:
She's a tudor maid, in case you couldn't tell.
And Tiger is a Tudor princess - okay, hers is less impressive but the headgear was the best I could do to make an Aurora dress Tudoresque. After Toots wearing a black dress of Tiger's with her black skirt on top, we were all out of black clothes, so 'princess' was the next best thing.
Actually, what's amazing is how much my kids enjoy home-made costumes. I'm always a bit embarrassed by them, since really from an adult's perspective they've a bit tatty compared to the shop bought fancy outfits 90% of the other kids will be wearing, but the girls just love that they're home-made. I mean they're not home-made well: I didn't get my sewing machine out ("you can sew?!" Tiger asked in wonder while I was making the maid's hat. "I didn't know you could sew. I thought it was just Oma!"), and I didn't spend a great deal of time planning it all, but I do refuse to pay 160dhs (about $40) to buy an outfit each time the kids have some dress-up deal at school (three so far this term) so home-made it's gonna be for the foreseeable future. Especially when all four get to school! The price of a large family I guess... that price I'm willing to pay.
2 comments:
WELL DONE! I stuck SF in his wizard cape and hat for the last fancy dress thing...total cop out!
They look great!
Post a Comment