Anyway, on Tuesday we finally got round to some Easter baking. It was supposed to be an easy fun activity I was going to do with my child swap boys, but Joey came down with a bad fever, child swap was cancelled, and instead Lightning and I had to squeeze it in to the fitful sleeps that Joey took - because when he wasn't sleeping he was like a moaning limpet and we got nothing done. It's funny how sometimes you'd like your kids to just be all cuddly for a day so you can sit down and do nothing. The reality is that it's just a pain because you can't get anything done! It also wasn't 'traditional' baking that we were doing - at least I don't think mini-egg topped carrot cake muffins are a tradition - but they were my attempt at something healthy for Lightning's Easter Party at school yesterday. Which Joey was well for.
Today, however, we did get back to the classic: Mars Bar Krispie Easter Nests. I tell you, I never should have started this Mars Bar Krispie method because it has forever spoiled us. What's wrong with plain old melted chocolate and Shreddied Wheat?!? Everything now. Anyway, unlike his eldest sister at just over two, Joey was not that interested in doing anything else after he'd had a taste of the goodies... maybe as the first child Toots never got to taste the goodies?!
| Ta da! |
I still find it odd though that the same product can be bought abroad as in Britain, except it's actually totally different. These are the two Mini-Egg packets that I used - both genuine Cadbury's, but totally different looking and tasting:
1 comment:
You sure know how to make a girl jealous! (MINI EGGS!!!)
Post a Comment