It was the Scottish Fisheries Museum that we went to, which was about as cold inside as out. And that meant the hot chocolate for sale in the museum coffee shop was desperately needed by the end - I'd say it was a very clever marketing ploy, were we not in Anstruther. But the kids enjoyed playing at auld fish wifies and captains of the ship and there is so much information if you are interested in "boats, fish and folk..."
| Water back in the harbour - much to the kids relief. |
And what trip to Anstruther is complete without a trip to the famous fish bar? Forty five minutes I waited in the queue that went through the restaurant, out the door, along the road, round the corner and up the lane! But it's not famous for nowt...
| Okay so this is a haggis supper, but everyone else had the freshly caught fish! |
Don't worry, don't worry, we still made it out to the beach. Well, when I said we I meant the kids under the supervision of three grown-ups and a dog, while I checked out all that gorgeous pottery in Crail (which is now a personal tradition).
Only one more day of 'cold' left...!
No comments:
Post a Comment