Thursday, 9 July 2015

The Kids Are Alright

I love living places where kids are welcome.  Texas was great and our kids were "so precious" to everyone we met, and it's kinda the same here, but in a totally different way. I mean I take Joey when I get my hair done, my nails manicured, my eyebrows waxed; he comes to the dentist with me for two hour appointments, and last time the Philippina assistant even found Bob the Builder on YouTube for him to watch on their computer.  We do miss the colouring sheets available with every kids menu in the States though...

Last night's iftar banquet included a face painter, a clown making baloons, and a lady painting with henna, though that was as much for the adults as the kids ;)  We even had the hotel C&B Manager balloon sword fighting with the boys, and as usual, our boys made fellow-spiderman-painted-sword-weilding-dragon-chasing playmates without a word being spoken.

The 'fresh' henna

After picking off the henna (after 45 minutes)
the orange stain will eventually turn brown






And maybe I'm judging Scotland harshly in comparison, I don't know, but I do know that in the three and a half years I lived there with children I didn't once take them to the hairdresser with me.  I really love and appreciate that I can here, which has made being a new person in a foreign land without family or good friends close at hand, so much easier.

No comments: