Sunday, 24 April 2016

All Ends Well

In the last ten days I have visited the same local health centre six times, four of which have been longer than 45 minutes costing me a whole twelve dirhams in parking, and too much actual time to count.  I have received five different prescriptions, visited three useless pharmacies and the helpful but not very handy pharmacy, which the Don also visited once, three times.  I have seen a stethoscope and otoscope come out nine times, heard Lightning scream far too excessively in comparison to the seven vials of blood that have been taken from him over the course of two session, and now know how to spell the name of four drugs I'd never heard of before.  And I have taken Lightning's temperature at least once, if not ten times, every day for the last ten days.

Yesterday, after a referral to the hospital for a worsening chest, relentless high fever and his inability to keep down fluids, Lightning was given a chest x-ray, his third set of antibiotics, and most thankfully of all, sent home.

Toot and Tiger have been picking up steadily since going back to school last Monday, and they only have three and six days respectively to go to complete their antibiotics.

We have two more days off school for Lighting, a follow-up for the girls back with their original doctor tomorrow, high hopes that by Tuesday Lightning will be totally fever free, and that his follow-up on Wednesday will show a clearing chest.  I hope, then, not to see the inside of that health centre for a very long time.

I think it's all ending well.  Finally.  But I need a holiday.

No comments: