I have to say, I never thought I'd spend four hours on a beach in February in Scotland - and enjoy it. I mean I'm not saying I wasn't cold, but I will admit to also feeling 'warm'. In the loosest sense of the word, and only on occasion ;)
And the reason? To celebrate iChum's big birthday of course. Because who else loves being outside enough to plan a Beach Brunch in February and still expect excellent weather (and get it!) a mere day after snow and sleet showers?!
The birthday girl and cake baker
And when we weren't eating birthday cake we were...
Eating sausages and bacon rolls, fruit salad, home-made scones with
butter jam and FRESH CREAM, cupcakes, top hats...
Running down sand dnnes
Playing with the still excellent Ogodisk
Swimming Paddling in the North Sea
(in fairness IsaB was bodysurfing for a good while - and credit where
credit is due: Lightning got down to his swim shorts and vest!)
Hole digging...
...and digging...
...and digging.
And SLEDGING!!!! Best video of the day was this wipeout:
Hilarious to watch, but not so much to take part in, thanks to the sand/eye combo. But they weren't alone:
Lunan Bay
Still enjoying that hole
Packing up....
iChum's last big birthday celebration was also outside and involved water - the white, noisy, and rushing kind of the baltic River Tay in February. Sadly (cough) I was pregnant with Toots at the time and could be no more than a spectator... though by all accounts everyone also had a fantastic (if colder) time ;)
1 comment:
Wow, listen to that wind!
Happy Birthday Fiona!
Post a Comment