Our heating is broken. Or is gunked up. Or something, because it's not working. Which is fine(ish) on days like yesterday and today, when it's over 10 degrees outside and therefore 'relatively' warm (can't believe I'm saying that!), but last Thursday and Friday, flip the house was cold. Which made me really thankful for our wood burning stove and pile of firewood outside. On Thursday I literally spent all day less than two meters from the fire, doing whatever chores that needed done there. On Friday Joey and I were out the house anyway, and then cleaned when we got back, which meant I produced my own heat for a while, but as soon as the kids were back from school the stove went on again and has pretty much been on ever since.
But the boiler is working and individually the heaters are working, but altogether something ain't right. So it's just as well that the guy that did up this house before selling it to us, lives in his own newly built house next door (basically in what was the original garden of this house). Though not a plumber by trade, (in fact, he was an apprentice joiner on the first house that we bought here in Inverurie when it was being built: small world) he knows this house in side out and I have every faith in his spanner wielding abilities. And his trustworthiness, seeing as I have to leave now and pick up the kids from school and he is only just getting started. But I think he's gonna be a good neighbour to have...

No comments:
Post a Comment