Sunday, 15 October 2017

Meeting Place

Okay, so Toots didn't actually get to swim in our local swim club meet this weekend* but there were benefits to hanging around after swim practice this morning to meet (boom boom), and get an autograph, from our own local celebrity Hannah Miley.


"Hannah who?!" you might say, but she is a local legend (read: Commonwealth and European Champion and three-time Olympic finalist) WHO COMES FROM OUR CLUB!!  I mean actually comes from the club - her dad was the head coach here for years and Garioch is still her second claim club.  And much to the joy of the young-uns in the club, she comes back to compete with mere mortals twice a year at our meets.  I was time-keeping both yesterday and today, and although I never got to actually take her time I did have plenty time to see her, and she is most definitely a cut above the rest.


* All of her races were scratched - which means she was entered but didn't have fast enough times - which isn't actually that unexpected since she is now swimming in the 10-12 year old category, having just turned 10, and has only just started 200m events.

No comments: