Boy I'm the mother of all school volunteers at the moment - I blame the good weather... or the fact that all four kids seem to have class trips and activities in abundance this term.
Today it was volunteering to cycle with the school's Hairy Bikers Club (for P4-7 girls, which both Toots and Tiger are part of) and the P6 /7s that have recently passed their Bikeability, around the Family Route of the Great Inverurie Bike Ride - 13 miles in total. It's a route we'll be covering again in nine days time, and actually it was a route we also covered ten days ago, albeit in the car, on the way to and from Bennachie just so we could check out the hills we'd be tackling.
And other than Dubston hill, the hill up to Chapel of Garioch, and a couple to and from Polinar Dam, it isn't actually a bad route, and I'm reckoning even Joey, on his bike with no gears, will be able to join us this year.
No comments:
Post a Comment