It's taken five years, and then two more evening's delay due to heavy rain, but finally !tonight! we went out to BOO.
And it was so exciting! I mean even the Don reluctantly thought so, or at least until our last BOO of the evening which ended with the boys being shouted at for suspected ding-dong-dashing. Which, on reflection, was totally our fault for telling them to ring the doorbell multiple times in case once didn't work, or no one came to the door. Lesson learned!
But all in all it was a success, and the school seems to have taken to it with a bang (thankfully), or at least that's what fb seems to be implying! Because it was actually quite a complicated thing to work out, what and how and who to BOO, seeing as were basically trying to start a brand new tradition.
We were first BOOed ourselves while living in Midland and attending Trinity, and ever since have been wanting to pass it on - it's just such fun. Abu Dhabi was too complicated given that we lived 20 miles away from the school and friends were scattered far and wide, and last year I was just too late hunting out the original BOO from our Autumn box. So this year, I made sure I was prepared...
Except I also missed the start of October which was my original plan-to-start date, then thanks to two evenings of really heavy rain we couldn't start on the last day of term which would have been a great start-of-the-holidays event, and then, what with it being the holidays, half the folks we wanted to BOO we knew were already away!
In the end we made up eight BOOs (so they weren't quite as full as they might have been had we only to buy goodies to create two! I also realised - again - how much I miss the Target dollar aisle) so each child got to pick two friends to BOO. We made sure that at least two of those 'friends' were also strategic to make sure the BOO idea was adopted and spread, and so far it seems to be travelling far and wide around the Kellands Community... and I'm actually quite excited to start back to school next week to see where it's ended up!
Anyone BOOed Mr M yet?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment