Saturday, 16 November 2019

Never Swim Alone

While the Don, Tiger and Joey zipped off to our little slice of heaven-in-the-Trossachs yesterday after school, Toots, Lightning and I stayed behind to take part in our annual swim club Championships (which for the first time clashed with school in-service grrrr).

An early start, even if it's just down the road


Nine+ hours, sixty+ kids, twenty+ events, six relays and a synchronised swim-off made for a fun and knackering day.  And since it was all about the fun, I (and Toots) could video at the same time as I was Judging - Lightning is in Lane 1 in the first video and Toots is in Lane 2 in the second:





The racing was then followed by a three-hour meal and presentation evening, which I have to admit by 8pm we bailed out of (since we still had a three hour drive ahead of us), but not before scooping up six rosettes and a cup for IM.  Which totally made it worth missing a day's holiday for!


No comments: