Thursday, 16 January 2020

Under Pressure

Ten years ago to the day, I wrote my first blog post:


Over the last decade I have written 2,387 posts, which averages out as one every 1.5 days - which feels like a lot!  That doesn't even include our two weeks holidays to Germany or week in Abu Dhabi in 2018 which I still haven't manage to blog (but so desperately want to: computer/photo issues was the reason I didn't at the time; lack of time is the issue now; lack of memory will probably be the problem in the future!).  The last decade has seen the rise of Snapchat and Instagram and Whatsapp and the smartphone, and loads of other ways to post and speak and show videos to those around the world, but this ole blog is where I'm happy.  Whether folks read it or not, whether it's written well or not, whether it's funny or inspiring or insightful or exciting I care not.  For me, it's now just a record of our family life, of things I'd forgotten but find hilarious reading or watching again and which, for at least one of my kids, is now proving very insightful!

And since I have no Throwback Thursday photo of my granny to hand, here's one of my Tiger, who was the first person to make an appearance on this great blog in the second post of it's life 3,649 days ago.


No comments: