Saturday, 25 April 2020

We're Building This City...

Okay, so we didn't achieve full city status this week... perhaps because of the sunny weather (though more often than not you still found all four of my kids hunched over Lego rather than outside kicking a ball around), but more likely because searching out Lego pieces is really quite hard. AND time consuming.  And headache-inducing.

I discovered this week that one of my sons is most definitely a quick start but majorly lacks in follow-through, much like his father.  My other son, no guesses which, would much rather play with the completed Lego pieces than even begin to search for a 'lost' pieces.  Which meant I spent far too many hours on my knees scrabbling among Lego pieces creating 'sets' for everyone else to make.  Which I do have to admit I enjoyed, though less than I would have done actually making the pieces too.

This is how far we've got...


...which does not even look that impressive, or fully represent the hours that we've put in!  But we're still to have a go at all the Lego friends sets and many of the 3-in-1 Creator sets that we have.  Though in all honestly I'm now at the stage where I can't find a lot of the pieces and just substitute one colour for another or two smaller pieces for one larger one.

So maybe it'll be a few more weeks before we manage to create our City, but it is a-coming!

No comments: