Saturday, 31 October 2020

Carve Away the Stone

By all accounts I'm a planner*, and the fact that it got to be 4pm on the afternoon before Halloween and we didn't have a single pumpkin in the house was just plain wrong.

So off to five - five! - different supermarkets the kids and I traipsed, to no avail. Not a single. pumpkin. anywhere. in the stores. Not even a sign that they used to have pumpkins in the store.  Which meant there was only one thing...

...to go traditional wi' a neep.


Okay, so the scooping methods weren't that
traditional, but they're blinkin' hard things to hollow!


And though he was so proud of what he'd achieved - and rightly so, because other than the final hollowing everything else was done by hand, and he was the only one brave enough to try it - Lightning did comment that he thinks he'll go back to a pumpkin next year...

*I did, in my defence, have a pumpkin in my shopping trolley at the start of October, but then I put it back thinking nah...it'll be much more fun for the kids to come in and pick their own one, seeing as we don't have a local pumpkin patch to go a-pickin' in here.

No comments: