Saturday, 24 July 2021

Two Out of Three Ain't Bad

But... we managed all three!!

The three peaks of Bennachie
(from L to R) Oxen Craig, Craigshannoch, Mither Tap

As we had an unexpected day 'free' today after our weekend trip to Elie was cancelled (and all our usual Saturday activities were already declined) to Bennachie's three peaks we went... in most definitely better weather than last time.

First glimpse of Mither Tap

Craigshannoch, with Oxen Craig in the background

These are the views we were hoping for in May!


Anyone know what these are?!?
They look like balls of cotton but were
growing all over and in amongst the heather

Oxen Craig, with Craigshannoch (to the left) and
Mither Tap (to the right) in the background



Mither Tap, with a surprising lack of wind!



Homeward, pizza and movie bound...

2 comments:

Fido9000 said...

It’s called cotton grass. Eriophorum or something like that. I think there might be a few different species. I remember seeing it when I was wee in boggy ground in Skye and always thinking it was a sheep which had lost a lot of their wool!

super sonia said...

I SAID Mrs C would know!! I also said it looked just like cotton balls, so I am knowledgeable on some level...!