My goodness, if one of us doesn't come down with COVID this side of Christmas we're, I don't know... built like oxes. I think every day for the last 10 days solid we have received one of these letters, for both the academy years we have children in, which means there has been another confirmed case of COVID in their year.
They're finally starting to come thick and fast from the primary school too. Fifteen kids is all that one of them has left in their class, though in fairness from those I've heard, there's nothing coming over the ones that are having to isolate. Except there are now so many that online learning grids have been reintroduced for those that need them.
So despite numbers drastically rising (I mean honestly, there was maybe only a handful of cases across the schools between August and December last year), and there being no social distancing any more, 'close contacts' don't seem to exist for high schoolers. Last year Toots was identified through a classmate in her Maths class and enjoyed 14 days at home, yet this year, despite a couple of her good friends testing positive, life goes on as normal...

No comments:
Post a Comment