Friday, 14 October 2022

The House that Jack Built #endofweek4


Day 29

There wasn't quite as much construction this week as we'd have liked as the joiner had a couple of other jobs to finish off, but I did get to know the plumber very well!  He moved the gas mains, we discussed a hot water tank, worked out which radiators would go where and what specific type I needed to look for, and moaned about the cost of gas and electricity and how cold our houses were while reminiscing over far flung hot holidays and even the past warm summer.  Finally he squeezed into the tiny loft above our laundry room, shifted around everything that was inside there, and moved the boiler flue to a better spot.  

We also ordered windows, confirmed doors, and generally got used to young lads using the spare key and coming in and out the house as they needed.  Which actually included me shouting at one (by mistake - I assumed it was Joey who I have told off many a-time for exactly the same thing) for leaving the front door open and trailing through the house in his dirty boots.  They did take their boots off after that though!



Anyway, I'm sure it'll be all change by the time we get back in two weeks time!

No comments: