I'm telling you, this weekend was most definitely an #urbanfamilyforthewin.
Toots and the OC had to be down in Glasgow by Friday 7:30am for a weekend of competing at Tollcross (which basically meant leaving Thursday night), the Don, iChum and the Zees needed to be at Templars Park on Friday by 6:30pm for Group Scout Camp, and Lightning was only getting home from Loch Ken at 6pm and also had to be at Templars Park for the weekend. But we were one driver down and we didn't want to take Tiger out of school for any more days this year (which would have been needed if I took the Twins down the road and stayed with them for the weekend), so the only option was to embrace our urban family and plan the heck out of the weekend. Aided, thankfully, by an 'empty' only 15 minutes from the swimming pool!
So one parent took two kids (and actually picked up a third) on three train rides to get to Glasgow the night before. Two parents took two kids to Group Scout Camp just about on time. One parent picked up one kid from their Residential week, ended up calling NHS24 for suspected Swimmer's Ear, and then sent the exhausted kid to bed to sleep it off. One day later one parent took two swimmers by bus to get to Tollcross on time. Two parents woke up in their tents raring for a weekend of both pouring showers and lovely sun. And one parent dropped one kid off at Scout camp a day late and took the other down to Glasgow for 36 hours, thereby relieving the original parent in Glasgow of his parental duties allowing him to come home and actual parent his third kid. Like I said #urbanfamilyforthewin!
Thank you urban and extended family for the travel / accommodation / meal planning and doing!
*Hamilton was her choice - I have to say it was cool 'n' all, and very clever, but I was enjoying my afternoon doze after half an hour and was not sad to miss the middle hour and a half. Romeo+Juliet was my choice and, again, was a great movie to doze to! I did write my Higher exam essay on it, based on watching the film, not reading the play, so in my defence I did feel I knew it quite well! And I really needed the afternoon snoozes.
**The shopping centres are as dead as in Aberdeen, the MoMA was not as good as I remembered, and it was incredibly wet, but the pizza from Paesano was excellent. And she learned all about the Duke of Wellington.
No comments:
Post a Comment