But... we managed to get out into the woods before the 1st of December to pick our favourite Christmas tree - well, three out of the six of us did - and then managed to decorate it along with the rest of the house on the 1st; I spent a (very early) morning in front of the fire with the Christmas music playing, wrapping all the presents to put under it (because no tree is complete without presents surrounding it!); as last year Tiger, and now Lightning, are 'elf'ing every weekend in December to earn some money and make many, many, many (561 kids met Santa on Saturday alone!) kids excited about Christmas; Joey, Toots and I took part in the yearly Santa's Elves swim meet (as a competitor, coach and Judge respectively) and the boys spent a weekend up in Inverness at the North District Age Groups; we helped out at our church Nativity Trail around the town and hosted our Youth's Christmas Party. But... we haven't managed any Advent celebrations this year, I haven't managed to make a wreath for our front door, and I haven't taken any pictures of pretty much anything Christmassy.
Still... only a few days left of school then the real celebrating can begin woop woop!
No comments:
Post a Comment