It's been quite the week of news...
Last Friday at 3pm the Don and I got a message from Toots about a university challenge she was thinking about taking part in. By 7:30pm that evening she'd told us she'd signed up - committing to raising £5,000+ in 8 months! - and already paid the hefty deposit. This from a girl who previously has not enjoyed making any form of decision, and is notoriously thrifty.
I think that backs up exactly what we've been saying about what going away to university does for you - and why it's a good thing!
More info on Toots's plans to climb Mount Kilimanjaro in Tanzania - and a Just Giving link! - will, I'm sure, be posted soon ;)
We then got a call this evening from Scouts Scotland to say that Lightning had been offered one of the 36 places in World Scout Jamboree UK Unit 6 representing the Highlands and Islands and NE Scotland Regions. Which is huge news in the Scouting world. He'll be heading off to Gdansk in July 2027 with 40,000+ Scouts from around the world to take part in the 26th WSJ. First, of course, he needs to raise the £4,500+ to get there, which is actually partly our responsibility, unlike the money Toots needs!
I'm sure he'll be coming up with some ace fundraising plans over the next 18 months too, and you can be sure you'll be kept in the loop!
Exciting times ahead...
No comments:
Post a Comment