Monday, 15 February 2010

Hang On, Little Tomato

So today, for the first time in about a year, Toots ate a bowl of home-made soup (thanks Oma!).  I hear you I hear you it doesn't sound that impressive, but ever since I introduced Mr Heinz to her about a year ago, on a day when I obviously needed her to eat some lunch but I couldn't be bothered making anything myself, she's been hooked.  Utterly and totally hooked.  Totally obsessed.  So much so that she'll touch no other soup, homemade or otherwise.


In fact, even today it was touch and go.  She jumped at the mention of tomato soup, but when she realised that it was coming out of a tub from the fridge, and not a tin from the cupboard, she howled with indignation.  But then she saw that I was dipping bits of bread into Tiger's soup, and that quite tickled her fancy...  So eat the soup she did, and she even licked the bowl clean.  Tiger, as always, ate two bowls full and two bits of bread, but she's still young and hasn't yet been introduced to the irresistable Mr Heinz.

Honestly, I don't know what their magic ingredient is, but mothers the world over (or at least those I speak to in the North East of Scotland) marvel at their child's enjoyment of Heinz Tomato Soup or Spaghetti Hoops.  The matter barely makes the bowl before it's wolfed down as if the child hasn't seen food for days. 

But boy, do mums need a food like that sometimes!

No comments: