Monday, 28 March 2011

Helping Hand

I wonder if I sometimes expect too much of three year old Toots...

Last night, around half two, Tiger was moaning.  I only vaguely heard her, and couldn't really work out if it was her or just the house (our house makes a lot of noises - like folks walking around on creaking floorboards, or moving/pushing furniture around, or opening or closing doors, as well the general creaks and groans that you'd expect from an old wood house and not a brick built forty year old model) but nevertheless I dragged myself first from deep sleep and then from bed and groggily made my way to their bedroom.

And there she was, sitting totally upright in bed: "I wan wuta" she says, bright as a button.  It's blinkin right there on your bedside table I think.  Can you not reach over or get out and get it yourself?  Every night it's sitting right there within arms reach.  "No".  Okay, here it is, now lie down and go back to sleep.

Then I notice that Toots is sitting up in bed too.  Would you like some water Toots?  "No mummy, I'm not thirsty, I've already had some".  Of this water?  If Tiger moaned enough to wake you up and you went to the effort of getting up from bed, crossing the room, and getting a drink of water from her bedside table, could you not have offered some to Tiger herself and stopped me having to get up from bed???

But I think maybe that was just middle of the night thinking...

1 comment:

davieboy21 said...

Oh the 'joys' of parenthood! Would you REALLY want to screw an old head on to young shoulders? At least you'll remember this particular incident for some time to come!