Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Smile In Your Sleep

The boy's done good: a full night's sleep I got last night, only six and a half weeks in.  And when I say full night, I actually mean 'my full night'. He had his last feed at 10pm, my light was off by 11, and just as the Don's iPod was starting to cluck at 5.30am I heard him rooting for his hand to suck.  And ok, ok, 5.30am ain't everybody's idea of morning, but this morning it was certainly the start of our day.  So not bad really...
Lightning even went straight back to sleep till 8am which meant I could shower, dry my hair, get dressed, get the girls dressed, and give us all breakfast before he woke for a bath and another feed.

Just a shame Tiger came through at 2.30am for a cuddle, a drink of my water (which seems to be better than the water by her bed in the middle of the night) and a 'tuck back in'.

And why were we up so early I hear you ask?  Why, to pamper and preen ourselves of course, like every good Southern gal should.

              



3 comments:

Blondefish said...

Gorgeous! is that the curls gone?

Blondefish said...

PS I was waiting for a 'bucket' shot - yay!

super sonia said...

Bucket shot as in bath? Had one already... And nope, the curls are still there hooray! The hairdresser put HEAPS of product on though and then diffused her hair so straight after she looked like she had a perm. Guess that's how curly her hair 'could' be!?