Saturday, 8 October 2011

Getting Better


It's been one of those days. Weeks. Months in fact.  No time to email. No time to Skype. No time to pack, clean, shop, organise, play or iron. Barely time to breath, think or sleep*.  Always time to provide meals, wash clothes, clean up crumbs, and change and wash nappies though.

The Don's been away.  Lightning's gone on a week long waking during the night, girning during the day fest, all night, all day, non stop. And finally today, when Toots and Tiger are in preschool/Children's Day Out, Lightning is asleep, and I find myself with only two hours to do everything in paragraph one bearing in mind we're going on holiday at 8.30 tomorrow morning, I get a call to say Tiger isn't feel well and do I want to come and pick her up.

Is it bad that I thought no?

Anyway, packing is now done, the ironing is being finished off, the washing machine, tumble dryer and dishwasher are doing their last loads, and I'm finally on my blog.  Then bed and holiday.  Our first holiday of the year. Looking forward to doing nothing.  As well as the Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, SeaWorld, malls and the beach of course.

* despite what my previous two posts may imply!

No comments: