Under this national rain cloud
I'm getting soaked to the skin
Trying to find my umbrella
But I don't know where to begin
That's right, it's eight degrees Celcius at best, wet, and windy in Midland today, and even colder than Aberdeen I'm lead to believe.
We've just come back from a playdate and lunch with friends, where the three girls insisted on going outside to play on the new communal play park at the ranch. As I was standing there in my wellies, padded and hooded Berghaus on and zipped up tight, bitter wind still managing to whip my hair from under the hood, holding poor Lightning who has never experienced such weather, and watching the girls in their adorable wee wellies and rain jackets swing, slide and climb on sodden wood, all the while getting redder, then whiter, then bluer numb fingers and redder and redder runny noses I thought "... nope ... don't think I miss this weather at all ..."
What I really wanted to do next was bundle the frozen kids into the car, rush home, run a steaming bath, get them clean, warm and bundled in their jammies and sleepsuits (even though it was only 3pm) and sit down with them in front of a classic afternoon movie.
Feels like home...
...but alas we have to head back out to the dentist. So, while the kids play/slumber/warm up for half an hour before we have to wrap up and face the weather again, I've boiled the kettle and am sitting down with a cuppa cha enjoying some delicious baking. After all, this is what Autumn is all about isn't it?!
No comments:
Post a Comment