Tuesday, 3 January 2012

A Little More Time With You

It's hard to blog when you're staying with folks!  Between all the chatting, nattering, chinwagging, gossipping, discussing, commenting, catching up and cups of tea, I can't seem to get any blogging done.  Which is why I started writing this at 5:44am this morning, not a time I usually like to see in my jammies, let alone fully dressed.

But the Don has now gone and so it is just me and our three for the next few weeks.

Not that I think the Don minded that much saying goodbye to wet and wild Aberdeen this morning: at least not when he thought he'd be basking in Texan warmth by tea time and sleeping in his own bed by nightfall.  As it happens, six hours after getting on his plane in Aberdeen it finally touched down in London, where his journey abruptly ended.  A technical problem, no technical problem, a missed departure time, high winds in London, an estimated departure time, a cooked breakfast, another delayed departure time, an even later estimated departure time, still more time to walk around the cabin and finally a departure, meant he missed his morning connection to Dallas, the lunch time flight to Dallas, and all flights to Dallas tomorrow.  Hopefully tomorrow evening he'll finally enjoy the dry warmth of West Texas and his own home, albeit via Houston.

I'm sure, though, when he finally does get back to Midland and three weeks of bachelorhood he'll have a blast.

2 comments:

davieboy21 said...

Just loved your ('b)last'(ed) comment! At least there IS now apparently some effective airport security in regional US airports! That can only be for the good when it comes to guns, ammunition and explosives.

super sonia said...

Oh there IS effective airport security in the States!!