On Sunday, as we were preparing to return the recycling, Toots had the idea of creating a new 'friend'. Two adults, one eager child, lots of sellotape, string, masking tape and three split pins later, Rasco was born.
Then quickly immortalised on paper.
Sadly he didn't last more than 36 hours. My super idea of attaching the head to the neck with a split pin so that his head could turn was great, until Rasco was carried around by his head all day long. As I guess I should have expected, the split pin closed and pulled out the hole, and the robot lost his head. Of course since everything is now sellotaped up I can't get my hand back in to the neck or head to insert and open another pin, so it looks like Rasco is gonna end up in recycling as originally intended. But for that day and a half he was the girls' best friend - even joined them for a slumber party - and I'm now all the wiser in robot creating.
1 comment:
Well done Toots!
Post a Comment