Friday, 8 February 2013

A Stitch In Time

From loosing teeth to gaining stitches: it's been a week of firsts for us.


I'm just glad the Don could come home and it was him and not me that took Lightning to the ER after consulting with the paediatrician, because after the first attempt at giving him an IV blew the vain, and he knew what was coming, apparently he wasn't a happy little loon.


I was half way through feeding Joey when the bloodied Lightning and Aunty Fona came home from a not so simple trip to the library. Poor Tiger said she was happy just to stay there and read books while Fona took Lightning home, but instead the poor girl had to entertain herself while I spent an hour phone calling a friend (what do I do/who do I call/where do I take him???  I don't know how anything works here!), the doctor and the dentist while trying to picture message the nurse from a British mobile, comfort a screaming and still bleeding child and work out when I was gonna finish nursing the baby.


Six stitches and four hours later Lightning was still groggy from the anaesthetic but made it home, walking like a drunkard and drooling like a Saint Bernard.  Tomorrow it's a trip to the dentist to check that his newly misaligned tooth is actually okay, and in five days time, it's back to the ER to get the stitches taken out.

Eh... think I'll maybe be needing to feed the baby at that time too.

2 comments:

AFG said...

Loved the "walking like a drunkard and drooling like a St Bernard"!

Fiona said...

So do you have to go back to the ER again tomorrow and then again in another 5 days for Toots. Poor family. And poor you guys. And how much does that all cost?!