Saturday, 9 February 2013

Life's (still) A Bath

First bath for Joe... oooh, only 10 days after being born.  Is that bad?


Toots had one within 24 hours, before she'd even left the hospital, though when we gave her her first one she was four days old.  Tiger was three, Lightning was also three, but Joey... well... all in good time eh?

Cos you can't do anything without Lightning
being in the middle of it

To be honest, I'd have given Joey one last weekend, and what do you know, he'd have been three days old too.  But then the Don was away and he should really be around for these 'firsts' - plus babies squirm and they're slippery in that tummy tub!


I also probably could have given him one during the week, but 1. see sentence above and 2. when exactly am I supposed to fit a baby bath in with getting two kids up, dressed, breakfasted and ready for school, as well as myself up, showered, dressed, and ready to take them to school? Even when it's Aunty Fona that's actually taking them to school...

And back to sleep again...

See, I've always give my babies a bath in the morning for the first ten/twelve weeks or something.  Well, with Toots I didn't in the beginning, but soon learned.  I've found that they're generally awake and alert for at least an hour after their morning feed, and they're most contented during that time and happy to have some nappy off time.  Then it's time for a bath before being cosied back up again and enjoying their morning snooze.  Except now I have to take Tiger to school for 9am every morning, and if I put Joey in the car seat for that trip then he's sure to go back to sleep.  So some how I need to fit in a bath before 8.45am, which already runs to a tight schedule.  I'm thinking I might need to get up at 6am to get in and out the shower before waking up the girls at 6.45, so that in the time between Toots and Tiger going to school I can fit in a bath for Joey.

All about sacrifices is motherhood.





P.S. Tummy tubs are definitely easier with bigger babies.  Lightning was a breeze to bathe...

No comments: