Anyone else think the full moon affects their kids? Cos mine have been going c-r-a-a-y-z-e-e.
I only realised at 4pm that it was a full moon tonight - I remember seeing it set bright and full this morning when I was getting Lightning dressed - so either it's the full moon that's affecting my kids, or simply day three of getting up early and working hard in school.
I think my day peaked this morning when the boy that was pushing our second trolley out of Albertsons (because Lightning insisted on sitting in the police car, which once filled with a car seat for Joey fits pretty much nothing in it) asked "And how's y'all's day going so far, ma'am?" Pretty darned good I thought: it's only 8.36am and I've already completed a full grocery shop; I have two fed, dressed and content little boys with me; I've not long dropped off two fed, dressed and happy little girls at school; and I've even put a load of washing on that'll be ready to dry when I get home. Yeah, I think my day has been pretty darned successful so far.
But like I said, that was my peak.
By 3.38pm I thought I'd reached the low point and took myself to my room (along with a can of Coke and Mars Bar) for a time-out. At the time two of the four kids were still screaming in their rooms, one was finally asleep after grumping at me all day demanding everything and nothing, and the eldest, bless her little Beaver personality, was tidying up both the living room and play room after finishing her homework.
Turns out we all could go lower. By the time the Don called me back just before 5pm, one child was now in the garden screaming after waking up her brothers, one boy was thankfully back asleep, and the eldest, bless her little Beaver personality, was keeping the youngest entertained while I finally cleared the lunch stuff off the table and put the dishwasher on before sweeping the floor. Which of course I never managed due to, goodness knows what now, but certainly more screaming/fighting/grumping/complaining from one/all of them.
So what we really needed was to take these three psycho kids and head out to dinner with friends whose kids were also little werewolves today. But as is often the case, two negatives seem to make a positive, and all the kids are alright nooooooow. Boom boom.
No comments:
Post a Comment