Trinity School has a really clever (and probably common, nowadays) way of getting in touch with parents if there is a change in plans/emergency.
When a mobile phone was ringing at 6.35 this morning though, all I could think was "WHY isn't the Don switching off his phone? Surely it's in the bathroom with him???" It was only when the house phone started ringing that I realised it was my mobile that was going off, and it was probably the school calling. They also email, call the Don, email the Don, and keep calling your house and mobile until you answer both.
Of course getting up from bed to answer the house phone roused Lightning who'd been slumbering next to me since 5am. And walking past Joey's door obviously meant he stirred (some babies seem to be able to just sense their mothers, don't they?) and at the smallest mew Lightning decided he'd be helpful and open the door, which of course woke Joey up proper. And as I silently tiptoed in to the girls room to switch off their alarm clock and allow them a sleep-in, being careful with their creaky door, I forgot that the flamin' alarm 'speaks' to us: "the alarm is now off", which of course woke them up. So, despite the fact that school for the day was cancelled due to an unforseen power outage, all kids were still awake by 6.45am. Sounds familiar.
Still, of all the days for school to be cancelled, today was a good un'. First Lightning and I went to his school orientation (he's starting K3 next week and thrilled to bits), which meant the girls chummed Joey to Pinkalicious's house for a few hours play. Then, we were hitting the pool with friends, which obviously the girls would have missed since they were busy schooling. So all in all, a pretty good day to be off! Unlike tomorrow which is going to involved a supermarket shop, returning recycling, and washing the bed sheets.
But thankfully two emails and three phone calls have just informed us that power is now restored, so the girls are back to school tomorrow. I'm thinking donuts might be in order for the boys and I tomorrow as a treat for our mundane tasks...
No comments:
Post a Comment