Saturday, 10 January 2015

Skating Away

And we're back to six.

For the first time since September 21st we are a complete family of six in our own house with our own furniture.  It's been a long sixteen weeks...

Now though I need to actually use the new washer and dryer that the Don has bought for us, clean my own patios, balconies and floors, water all the plants that Oma planted, take my own kids swimming and sort them and the pile of wet items out afterwards, iron all our clothes, and do the 101 other things that Oma has wonderfully taken charge of while she was here.

Before she left though, we did manage to squeeze in the chance to get cold - oh so cold - and reacclimatize her to the weather she'll be returning to. Because of course we knew it would be cold, but forgot what cold actually was: turns out taking a jumper to put on over our t-shirts and throwing on a pair of gloves, just didn't cut it.  Queue plenty of red noses.









Oh man, I can't remember the last time I have laughed so much, as I did when I skated alone with Lightning.  By the end of it he was understanding 1-2-3-glide, 1-2-3-glide, but before then, he was hilarious. It was like that classic slipping on ice and falling forwards and backwards and sideways and legs going forwards and crossing and backwards and just constantly moving trying to stay upright.  It was hilarious, and he was loving it.  A couple of times I actually had to stop skating just to laugh.  A few more times though and I reckon he'll have it.  This is the age to pick things up after all!


Thank you for everything Oma, and we look forward to seeing you in the heat again soon!

1 comment:

davieboy21 said...

Wonderful! And thanks too once again for your splendidly lively description! So, even in AD, to have fun you obviously DON'T always need to be under the sun!