Geant (however you pronounce it oh French ones that read this blog - it has that accent thing going from bottom left to top right over the 'e': I feel poncy saying Jee-ant as I assume it's called in France, but Geeant with a hard 'g' just sounds wrong, though I think that's what most people call it) which is the supermarket in Yas Mall that I mostly shop at, have been doing some sort of Geant Millionaire promotion over the last six weeks where for every 100 AED you spend you can enter a ticket in to a weekly prize draw. The first time I shopped there Anty Fona and Jelo helped me complete about twenty tickets, for what I wasn't too sure at the time, but didn't think anything more of it. I ignored it for a good few weeks, probably since the check-out lady didn't point me in that direction after I paid, but just last week Lightning and I completed our six tickets and had great fun spinning the barrel to swish all the tickets around and then put ours in. It turns out that was the last week of drawing and one of our six was a lucky one pulled out. Actually, they were giving away heaps, including free shopping for a year, one hundred 42" widescreen TVs, one hundred iPad minis, I assume over the course of the six or seven draws, and numerous types of gift cards for Geant and other shops. If I'd realised that I'd have made more effort to enter!
Needless to say we didn't turn our nose up at the prize, though we're not too sure what we're going to do with it, other than muck around with the camera which we had fun with today!
Give us a break, we're iPad newbies!
So from a house that had no apple products, and didn't really want any - save for one of those old original iPods just for music kicking around somewhere - we now have my Christmas present and this. Which in fairness is probably still only half the number that most households have. But still, what does one actually do with an iPod mini?? Actually, the kids now have weekly maths homework to do on the computer, and Toots has her own email addresses and is getting in to emailing when she has the time, and we're thinking about teaching her to type properly, so maybe this, with a decent keyboard, would be suitable for all that. Maybe? I don't know.
And it's not that I don't like my iPhone. I really do, and am in touch with way more with folks than I probably would have been, and in way cooler ways, but I could have survived just fine without it. But I'm not complaining, I'm not complaining. It was a very nice Christmas present and hey, we just got something for free!
4 comments:
- watch Netflix on it
- play games
- keep in kitchen for referencing online recipes (that's what I do with ours!)
It's the French word for Giant (and yes, it's a hard g).
Why the veto on Apple products? (Just wondering). Our ipad is filled with kids apps for maths and writing and reading. And when we travel, it gets a few movies put on it.
We just never really understood or liked the world's (and children's) obsession over them.
Turns out the blinkin' maths homework isn't even supported on tablets, so there goes that idea!
Post a Comment