To be honest, the internet has been pretty dodgy since we got here in December, and has been getting steadily worse. Since coming back from holiday I've had to restart my computer numerous times per day so it picks up WiFi again, and if it is idle for any length of time I also need to go in to search and reconnect to the WiFi. This morning it just packed in the minute it connected. Over and over and over again. Of course this was the one morning in the last ten mornings that I actually had nowhere to go and had planned on sitting down and trying to type up some of the email responses that have been flying around my head but I've not had time to actually type up. A task that is a great stress reliever for me.
So when email wasn't an option, my next thought turned to the huge pile of ironing that has been building up, which I also have not had time to tackle. These last ten days have been b-u-s-y. Except then of course I realised how much I rely on the internet working. I usually stream TV shows/movies while I iron which makes it quite enjoyable, and for the four hours or so it'd take me to do this pile I really wanted to watch something. I couldn't even put a DVD on because I'd promised the boys some Plane: Fire and Rescue since I'd wanted some peace and quiet to email. I couldn't listen to the radio or music through the Sonos system either since we stream them through our WiFi, and although we do have actual TV channels, I have never seen them, don't know how to access them, and doubt anything suitable would be on to watch, were the TV not already taken up by Dusty and co. Honestly, I felt like I was back in the 50s, or 70s, or 90s or something, except worse since we don't have a radio, tape player or even CD player sitting around any more.
Ironing to Bon Jovi (inspired by the radio giving away free tickets to their upcoming concert here) is not too bad I don't suppose, though of course it's no Grey's.
No comments:
Post a Comment