Saturday, 14 May 2016

American Girls

The Don is away and finally the girls managed to play.


Toots and Tiger have been trying to have an American Girl Party for months.  Since Tiger's birthday actually.  Life in Abu Dhabi is busy for four pre-pre-teens though, and trying to find a weekend that suits them all, and their mamas, is hard, especially with time-a-running out as our key American Girl moves back to the States this summer.

Honestly though, it was e-a-s-y.  I actually managed to get five hours work done yesterday afternoon, as they not only entertained themselves for hours creating a mansion on the top floor for their Girls, but entertained the boys too.  Total result.


Of course the next morning life went downhill for them as we sat in the sweltering heat at 8am watching Lightning and Toots play football.  "I think I'm going to diiiieeee I'm so hot!" I heard one exclaim.  I mean sweat was dripping off them but well, that's life in the sandpit, not much I can do about it.


And it was all worth it, at least for Lightning, since he won PASS Master for his age-group.

No comments: