Monday, 23 May 2016

Let's Ride

In lieu of actually enjoying the day of our anniversary together, the Don and I spent today recreating some Maldivian memories.  Well, the lying-on-a-lounger-spending-time-in-the-water-sizzling-in-the-sun-no children-around bit.  Not so much of the the desert-island-luxury sadly...

Eleven fun-filled years and counting x

In case you hadn't guessed it, we hit Yas Waterworld without kids, and I actually quite literally hit the rides.  Ya bandit my back and hips hurt right now.

This is some of what we got up to, but obviously I don't have my own GoPro:


It being a work day we also only encountered about three queues the entire day, and only one of them was longer than five minutes, which is definitely the way to do a waterpark.

It. was. awesome.  Yes, even the Liwa Loop.  And Hamlool's Humps.  And the Jebel Drop.  And Sebag. And every, single Slither's Slide. We even managed the Bandit Bomber twice without getting out of our seats, which Lightning was very jealous of.

Like I said: A-W-E-S-O-M-E-!!!

Except for the moment that I wiped out on the Flowrider.  It was so quick even the Don missed recording it, but I was swooshed back and pinned to that back wall before I could even catch a breath.  He did get me the second time, but I tell you, it's harder than you think!  And I'm sure the heavier you are the easier it is... Or that's what I'm sticking to.


We definitely would have enjoyed a couple more hours relaxing on those loungers, but you know, school runs and all that...

1 comment:

Blondefish said...

What, no wipeout on video?!